Friday, October 26, 2007

On an upswing.

I am finally starting to feel a bit settled here, which is a relief. I think thats due to a couple of factors and things kind of just falling into place a little bit.

1) Work. I actually feel like I kind of know what i'm doing/ supposed to be doing here, which is a relief. I've finally started to develop relationships with people, which is the bread and butter of what i do here. I'm starting to figure out what direction i think things should be going in. I made some breakthroughs on and completed (sort of) the research I was doing.

2) Socially. I've been busier and I'm starting to really explore the city. I've maybe even been making friends. Its amazing how much effort it takes, but for me, its almost necessary.

3) Religiously. I've been getting more into the rhythm of going to services every week, and trying out new places. Its been grounding me and helping me to find a home in Chicago, and thats good I think.

4) Life back in cali. Working really hard (and semi-succeeding) at only caring about what I want to care about, and not getting bogged down by nonsense.

5) Traveling. LA next weekend, Philly for Thanksgiving, home around christmas -time, new mexico for new years. Its all very exciting! :)

No comments: