Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome

This is my attempt to move away from the livejournal of my high school and college years and into the 'grown-up' world of blogging. New city, new surroundings, new job, new blog. I think that makes sense, don't you?

A brief introduction. I moved to Chicago a month ago to start my first real person job as part of AVODAH, the Jewish Service Corps, having graduated with degrees in Political Science and Linguistics/Anthropology, both useful for absoutely nothing in the real world. I am living with 6 other post-college young adults, all doing anti-poverty work in the city of Chicago. I am working as an organizer for the Lakeview Action Coalition, a community based coalition of 40 churches, synagogues, non profits and businesses in the Chicago neighborhood of Lakeview, located on the Northside.

I'm not the most eloquent of writers, so I hope you, the occasional reader (if you exist) will bear with me.

No comments: